Sunrise Preschool is hiring for multiple teaching positions. Come join our team!!!
The Teacher Assistant will demonstrate leadership abilities by maintaining a positive learning/teaching environment for all students. The Teacher Assistant will plan, provide and implement activities, as directed by the Lead Teacher.
- At least 16 years of age or older
- Can provide written documentation of 1 of the following:
- Current and continuous enrollment in high school or a high school equivalency class
- High school or high equivalency diploma
- Possesses a genuine liking and warmth for, and understanding of the needs of young children, as well as the ability to relate to them
- Possesses the ability to relate to staff and parents in a positive and constructive manner
- Demonstrates patience and tolerance and can maintain an even keel over long hours and through noise, confusion and frustration
- Knowledge of the developmental stages of children and the ability to plan classroom activities reflecting this knowledge
- Convey a positive self-image and attitude, which is likely to create the same in children
- Demonstrates skills of flexibility, innovation and creativity
- Keeps channels of communication open by seeking and sharing information
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as directed
- Plan and implement individualized and group activities corresponding to the curriculum and the learning goals of the classroom, as directed by Lead Teacher, to include but not limited to field trips, special events, parties, etc.
- Support the Inclusion Program by involving children with special needs in class projects and activities and encourage other children to do the same
- Use positive discipline methods with children
- Act as a positive role model for the children
- Assist children in the development of self-help skills and abilities
- Assist in the upkeep of security of classroom materials and facility
- Assist in the design and creation of new teaching materials and weekly lesson plans, as directed by Lead Teacher
- Assist in conducting and maintaining accurate developmental screening records for each child in the class
- Conduct conferences with parents when requested or deemed necessary
- Bring to the attention of the Director and/or Assistant Director all suspected problems with a child’s development, health, or behavior
- Support classroom food service program by providing seamless meal and snack time with food service staff, including but not limited to taking meal counts as required by the Department of Health Services, serving correct portions, and cleaning up after meal time
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed